GN web tips
Ten good reasons to have a Web site
- You can make up-to-date product information available to customers all over the world, 24
hours a day.
- Provide instant gratification by offering free samples for download.
- Improve customer service by, for example, providing answers to frequently asked questions on
your Web site. Straightforward sales and information requests can be processed automatically
and immediately, whether there's anyone in the office or not.
- Set up an online shop - rent in cyberspace is much lower than they are in the real world!
Providing secure online ordering is now affordable even for the smallest business.
- Online forms can be used to allow customers to request quotations or ask for further
- Use the Web to expand your market. If you want to trade internationally, or even nationally,
the Web may be the most cost-effective way to do it.
- Gather information about your customer at minimal cost - using online surveys or simple
analyzing the traffic information collected by your Web server can provide valuable
- Provide personalized information to individual customers based on their preferences. No
other medium allows you to do this so cheaply. Your Web site can add value by providing
something extra for your customers.
- Steal a march on your competitors. If they don't have Web sites yet -
get in there first.
- Boost your image. A well-designed Web site is a great way of instilling confidence, and
looking bigger than you are!